These muffins are a big hit in our household. And it is really interesting to watch my 5-year old daughter, who doesn’t like bananas, swallowing them like there is no tomorrow. She doesn’t even mind if they are chocolate free. I guess this is because they are so soft, moist and fragrant. :) But this time I added some chocolate chips and decorated them with banana chips.
250 g very ripe bananas
125 g butter, melted
half vanilla bean
75 g brown sugar
200 g all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
banana chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 C and prepare muffin pan or mould like this de Buyer silicone mould. You can grease it or use 9 or 12 paper cases.
- Mash bananas with a fork and add scraped vanilla seeds. Combine with butter, slightly beaten egg and sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated, than fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 or 9 (if you like bigger muffins) paper cases and decorate with banana chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes before you take them out of the pan.