If you like juicy and tender roasted chicken with crispy skin, this is the recipe for you. With only few ingredients and few minutes of your time you are going to be amazed by the result. And while your oven is finishing the job you’ve started, you have plenty of time to prepare side dishes you love. But why not healthy celery root puree and Brussels sprouts with garlic?Ingredients:
1 whole chicken, room temperature (1,5 or 2 kg)
1 head of garlic
100 g butter, room temperature
2 tbsp garlic and parsley-infused butter
fresh ground pepper
For side dishes:
500 g celery root
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1/2 cup milk (or double cream)
2 tbsp butter
250 g Brussels sprouts
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Wash and completely dry your chicken. Cut onion, lemon and whole head of garlic in half.
- Next - this step is really important - rub the butter into every inch of birds skin. Put 1 tbsp of garlic and parsley-infused butter under the skin of each chicken breast. Stuff the cavity with onion, lemon and garlic. Season both sides of your chicken with crystal salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Put in the oven, breast-side up, and roast for 1 hour 15 minutes, than heat up to 220 C. Roast for 15 minutes more.
Instructions for side dishes:
- Peel celery root and cut into 3 cm cubes. Put sunflower oil in a stew pan like this and cook for 20 minutes or until soft. Than add butter, milk, salt and nutmeg. Mix with a hand blender until smooth.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half and cook in salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, than drain. Put olive oil in a pan like this, add garlic and cook for few seconds, than add Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for one more minute ...
... and you are ready to serve.
NOTE: I used garlic and parsley-infused butter from the store, because we have had it in the fridge. You can make your own by mixing finely chopped garlic and parsley with butter.