This soft bread is a family hit. It is delicious and really easy to make, plus the dough has to rise for only half an hour.
2 dcl milk
30 g sugar
25 g butter
15 g fresh yeast
300 g flour
8 g salt
freshly ground nutmeg
juice of half a lemon
1 Tbsp melted butter
1 Tbsp cream
1. Pour milk into a saucepan like this, add sugar and butter. Heat until sugar and butter melt, than cool down to about 40 C. Add fresh yeast and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Sift flour into a bigger bowl like this and make a well. Add salt to the sides, pour milk mixture into the middle, add nutmeg and lemon juice. Mix with a fork until the ingredients combine, than turn out onto floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes.
3. Put the dough into a bowl and coat it with melted butter. Let rise for 15 minutes.
4. Shape the dough as desired, let rise for another 15 minutes, than coat the top with beaten egg and cream.
5. Put into a cold oven, turn the heat up to 180 C and bake for 35 minutes.