These fluffy and creamy dessert can become truly special if you are equipped with a cube mould like this.
400 ml milk
90 g Arborio rice
40 g butter
40 g sugar
zest of 1 lemon
100 g quark
seeds from half vanilla bean
butter for greasing
bread crumbs for dusting
brown sugar for topping
1. Cook rice in salted milk for 20 minutes. Set aside and let it cool.
2. Separate egg white from egg yolks and beat until stiff.
3. Beat butter with sugar and egg yolks. Add lemon zest, rice, quark and vanilla seeds. Finally incorporate beaten egg whites.
3. Grease your mould with butter and dust with bread crumbs.
4. Scoop the rice mixture into the moulds and sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 180 C. Wait 10 minutes before taking souffles out of the mould.