This roast beef is so easy to make, yet so delicious. You just have to be patient and leave it to marinate long enough.
1 kg sirloin (preferably aged)
6 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp crystal salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1. Poke 6 holes in the meat and stuff them with garlic cloves. This sharp little beast is perfect for the job.
2. Chop rosemary and thyme. Rub the the herbs and the salt all over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, than bring it to room temperature.
3. Brown the meat in olive oil and butter. Use a quality frypan like this.
4. Cut onions into half and place them on the bottom of the roasting pan. Place the meat on top.
5. Roast for 10 minutes at 180 C and up to 45 minutes at 170 C. Internal temperature should be between 55 C and 60 C.
6. Before serving leave to rest, covered with aluminum foil, for at least 10 minutes.