These cookies are so easy to make. They are buttery, they melt in your mouth and they smell of Christmas, but they disappear really fast.
140 g spelt flour
90 g butter
50 g powdered sugar and some more for dusting
50 g ground walnuts
seeds from half vanilla pod
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp milk
1. Sift flour onto your work surface. Add butter and roughly mix together.
2. Add all the other ingredients except the cranberry jam and work until incorporated. The dough should be very soft and a little sticky. Wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Roll the dough between two parchment papers. It should be 1/2 cm thick.
4. Cut out cookies with selected round shaped cutter. Cut out smaller holes in the center of half of your cookies.
5. Transfer parchment paper with cookies onto baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 180 C.
7. When cookies are cooled spread a thin layer of cranberry jam on whole cookies, than dust the cutout cookies with powdered sugar and gently top the whole ones.