Dark chocolate and butter, sour cream and hazelnuts make these muffins unforgettable. And the surprise is … Check out our video recipe and go to our web store for the right equipment to try it.
Ingredients for 6 muffins:
For the crumble:
25 g ground roasted hazelnuts
10 g brown sugar
10 g butter
15 g flour
For the muffin dough:
50 g butter
100 g dark chocolate
125 g flour
pinch of salt
1/2 Tbsp corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
100 ml milk
60 g sour cream
25 g brown sugar
1 small egg
For the filling:
12 tsp chocolate hazelnut spread
1. Preheat oven to 180 C and line a muffin mould with muffin cases, if you wish.
2. Mix together ground roasted hazelnuts, brown sugar, butter and flour. Use your fingertips to make a breadcrumb texture.
3. Melt butter and dark chocolate over a bain marie (water bath).
4. Mix together flour, pinch of salt, corn starch and baking powder.
5. Mix together milk, sour cream, brown sugar and one small egg.
6. Pour wet ingredients into dry. Stir just until combined, than pour in chocolate butter mixture.
7. Fill muffin cases with one Tbsp batter, than add 2 tsp of chocolate hazelnut spread in the center and top with another Tbsp of batter. Sprinkle with hazelnut crumble.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Wait 5 minutes before taking muffins out of the mould.