These soft little pillows are perfect for smuggling more vegetables into your child’s diet. And I am positive you are going to like them too.
300 g pumpkin puree (Hokkaido pumpkin)
200 g flour (you might need a little more)
200 g ricotta cheese
30 g Parmesan cheese
pinch white pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1. Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds. Place cut side down on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour at 150 C.
2. When cooled scoop the pumpkin meat out and mix with a hand blender.
3. Line a plate or a bowl with 4 kitchen towels and put pumpkin puree on to extract some moisture. Set aside for 15 minutes.
4. Put flour onto your work surface and make a well in the middle. Add pumpkin puree, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, white pepper, salt and an egg. Mix together with a fork and use your hands just to incorporate all the ingredients. If necessary add just a little more flour. The dough should be very soft.
5. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough, than use dough scraper like this to cut into stripes and into squares.
And your gnocchi are ready to serve with your favorite sauce or as a side dish. Enjoy!