Remember that recipe for a tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes? With it you can bring your eggplant Parmesan to another level. Simply delicious.
500 g homemade tomato sauce
500 g mozzarella
150 g Parmesan cheese
1. Cut eggplants into 1/2 cm slices. Stack them in a colander like this, seasoning each side with salt. Leave to rest for at least 1 hour.
2. Rinse eggplant slices under cold water and pat them dry. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, arrange eggplant slices and sprinkle with olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes at 200 C.
3. Chop basil and add to tomato sauce. Cut mozzarella into slices.
4. To assemble spread some tomato sauce over the bottom of your baking pan, top with eggplant slices, cover with one third tomato sauce, one third mozzarella slices and 50 g Parmesan cheese. Repeat twice.
5. Bake for 45 minutes at 190 C. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.