Some call it French Salad, but in fact, it is traditional in Russian cuisine. This is a modern version of so called Olivier Salad, that makes roasted buttery chicken even more sinful.
Ingredients for the holiday feast:
500 g carrots
500 g potatoes
500 g frozen peas
500 g pickled cucumbers
400 g mayonnaise
1. Peel carrots and cut into 1/2 cm cubes. Cook in salted water for 10 minutes.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 cm cubes. Cook in salted water for 10 minutes.
3. Cook frozen peas in salted water for 5 minutes.
4. Cut pickled cucumbers into 1/2 cm cubes.
5. Put eggs into simmering water and cook for 8 minutes. Peel and cut into 1/2 cm cubes.
6. Put the vegetables into a bigger bowl like this, add mayonnaise and mix well. Salt to taste.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.